The scenic mountain community of Eagle-Vail is nestled between the towns of Avon and Vail in the heart of Colorado’s Eagle River Valley. Interstate 70 runs right through it, offering a straight shot into Denver a few hours drive to the East. The 1,400+ homes in this small community blend year-round locals with second homeowners and an adventurous tourist spirit.
Travelers to Eagle-Vail come from far and wide to enjoy fresh air, world-class ski resorts in nearby Vail and Beaver Creek, quaint local dining, and the incredible Eagle-Vail Golf Club.
Private Airports Near Eagle-Vail, Colorado
Every one of the Eagle-Vail airport options below has a history of servicing private charter flights to Eagle-Vail.
- Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE): Flights to Eagle County Airport position you just 33 minutes West from Eagle-Vail on I-70. This is the closest airport to Eagle-Vail (located in Gypsum, CO) and is the preferred choice for most travelers to the area.
- Leadville-Lake County Airport (LXV): Leadville is located about an hour’s drive to the South of Eagle-Vail, close enough to make it an excellent second option if EGE is not a possibility for your trip.
- Denver International Airport (DIA): Denver is a good two hours to the East of your destination, so plan to rent a suitable vehicle or book a van or limousine service to get into the Eagle-Vail valley if you choose this major connection point for out-of-state visitors to CO.
- Vail Valley Jet Center (VVJC): Eagle County Regional Airport is host to one Fixed-Base Operator (FBO) on the south side of the facility—the Vail Valley Jet Center. Aviation and Business Journal called it “The Ritz-Carlton of FBOs,” and anyone taking charter flights to Eagle-Vail will enjoy their efficient service so close to their destination!
The Best Things To Do in Eagle-Vail
Eagle-Vail is a world-renowned destination for skiing, golf, and mountain scenery. Consider these popular options as you’re planning excursions:
- Eagle-Vail Golf Club: The views of the Gore Range are gorgeous from the green of this true mountain golf course at 7,650 ft. elevation. This top club in the Vail Valley features forested creeks, rivers, and ponds in well-manicured terrain.
- Hyatt Residence Club Beaver Creek, Mountain Lodge: This ski-in, ski-out lodge is the breathtaking gateway to Eagle-Vail area winter sports, with a mountaintop snowshoe park and popular season-long race series.
- Camping near Vail, Avon, and Eagle: For the adventurous, there are plenty of scenic campgrounds at which you’ll enjoy the alpine terrain of Colorado.
- Vail Valley Escape Room: This 60-minute adventure is great for family fun, team-building, and something different. Discover hidden objects, search for clues, and unravel puzzles in an immersive experience!
The Best Eagle-Vail restaurants
Don’t let the small size of the community fool you—Eagle-Vail and the surrounding towns enjoy a rich variety of restaurants, from casual local fare to fine dining experiences.
- Ristorante Ti Amo: Enjoy the quaint, old-school charm and fresh-sourced meat and fish of Vail Valley’s best Italian restaurant since 1995. They’ve got the best homemade gnocchi anywhere.
- Northside Kitchen: The premier option for American café cuisine (including vegan options!) in the Eagle-Vail area, the generous portions and homemade donuts are local favorites.
- Mirabelle: Mirabelle is a romantic and upscale venue with fine wines and creek-side dining. Belgian Master Chef Daniel Joly owns and operates this historic landmark restaurant.
- Splendido at the Chateau: The hearty, refined American-European menu offers the best of Rocky Mountain dining with a piano bar, cozy wood fireplace in the winter, and flower-filled deck in the warmer months.
When to Charter Flights to Eagle-Vail
As a temperate location, the timing of your trip will depend heavily on what you’re looking to do. May through July are the busiest months for tourism with warm weather and low precipitation. The rainy fall season through December is much less crowded, and prices for charter flights to Eagle-Vail will be lower than usual at this time of year. Winters are cold in the mountains, but snow sport enthusiasts swear by the fantastic slopes!
Book Charter Flights to Eagle-Vail With Hangar 7!
Our agents are always prepared to offer you advice and flexible accommodations as you prepare and book private charter flights to Eagle-Vail and home again. Contact Hangar 7 Aviation today start arranging the details of your trip!