The New York Times may have said it best: “Telluride isn't just a ski area; it's a way of life.”
The colorful Victorian architecture and clapboard storefronts of this tiny box canyon getaway offer a rustic charm, but don’t be fooled — Telluride has lavish wonders in store. Renowned for its world-class alpine skiing and golf resort, bustling summer music film festivals, and free public gondola to Mountain Village up above, Telluride has attractions for all seasons.
Looking for scenic adventure or a little R&R? Charter a flight to Telluride, Colorado, and you’ll have access to both with an unpretentious mountain character that has made this destination iconic.
Private Airports Near Telluride, Colorado
- Telluride Regional Airport (TEX): Just 5.6 miles from the town center, TEX handles multiple daily flights and is open to charter and private planes for truly convenient proximity.
- Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ): This is the main airport serving the Telluride region. Positioned 65 miles away in Montrose, it regularly receives direct flights all the way from LA and NY.
- Cortez Municipal Airport (CEZ): If you prefer a smaller airport, CEZ offers a quiet and low-traffic option for charter flights to Telluride with a full-service Fixed Base Operator (FBO), Cortez Flying Service. The airport sees an average of just 27 flights a day, 3 miles southwest of Cortez, Colorado (80 miles from Telluride).
The Best Things To Do in Telluride
- Hit the Slopes at Telluride Ski Resort: The spectacular slopes of Telluride Ski Resort made it an easy Editors’ Choice 2021 for Ski Mag and a continual #1 pick by readers of Condé Nast Traveler. Done carving powder? Try the resort’s snowshoeing, Nordic skiing, sleigh rides, and fat bike tours!
- Hop Between Villages By Gondola: Telluride and Mountain Village are linked by the first and only free public transportation gondola in North America. The 13-minute ride shows off epic views of “Aspen-cloaked mesas and sun-struck waterfalls as well as a bird's eye view of both towns.” Afterwards, spend the day at the Telluride Golf Club in Mountain Village. An 18-hole course in the thin air at 9,000+ feet adds 15% more distance on your drives!
- Attend an Iconic Festival: Telluride is home to a famous annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival as well as the Telluride Film Festival. The awe-striking Telluride Fire Festival was inspired by Burning Man and explores larger-than-life fire artistry and theatrical performances that you’ll need to see to believe. Time your trip to take advantage of one of the many events that keep Telluride bustling throughout the year. Here’s a calendar!
The Best Places to Eat in Telluride
- Brown Dog Pizza: Need a moderately priced and casual lunch option? This is the best pizza in Telluride. Locals will tell you to get the Detroit style and you'll be glad you did — especially if you snagged a corner piece.
- Cosmopolitan: A Traveler’s Choice 2021 recipient, Cosmopolitan brings an elegantly simple and fresh approach to food preparation. The diverse surf and turf menu is complemented by first-rate service and a gorgeous, heated, open-air deck!
- 221 South Oak: Make reservations in advance, because this fine dining destination has built a reputation for exquisite presentation, texture, flavor, and style. Owner and chef Eliza Gavin (who appeared on Top Chef) has designed a carefully curated menu to pair with the venue’s historic mountain charm.
The Best Time for Charter Flights to Telluride
Summer and winter are the prime times to visit Telluride, as the ski season and the popular summer festival slate are the area’s main attractions. However, crowds will also be heavier and rates will be higher at these times of year. The shoulder seasons — September through Thanksgiving and April through early June — offer savings and more flexible booking, but keep in mind that many restaurants and shops will be closed for maintenance or have shortened hours in those months.
Book Your Private Jet to Telluride With Hangar 7
Our agents are always ready to offer helpful advice and flexible travel arrangements for travelers preparing to book charter flights to Telluride. Contact Hangar 7 Aviation today to arrange a fully curated flight experience tailored exclusively to suit your needs.